Faith is a living, bold trust in God's grace, so certain of God's favor that it would risk death a thousand times trusting in it. Such confidence and knowledge of God's grace makes you happy, joyful and bold in your relationship to God and all creatures. The Holy Spirit makes this happen through faith. Because of it, you freely, willingly and joyfully do good to everyone, serve everyone, suffer all kinds of things, love and praise the God who has shown you such grace. - Martin Luther


Thursday, January 21, 2010

One Body

The sermon text for this Sunday is 1 Corinthians 12:12-31, and I've been thinking a lot this week about how as the church we are one body. Every person is connected. Every person is valuable and needed. Every person has a part to play in the divine drama of God's work in the world. It is God's mission we're following, after all. Sometimes I think we forget, this is God's church, in God's world. Our task is to discern what God is already doing out there and then join in.

I look forward to the day when we have a few more options when it comes to multimedia in worship here at CtK. I'm not saying I believe worship should be all electric, all the time, but a little more flexibility might help us carry out our part of God's mission even more effectively.

For instance, I'd love to show this video in worship on Sunday (and I would have embedded it here, but I don't want to take the time to figure out the glitch in the html, so you'll just have to click the link to see it). Enjoy!

No comments: