Faith is a living, bold trust in God's grace, so certain of God's favor that it would risk death a thousand times trusting in it. Such confidence and knowledge of God's grace makes you happy, joyful and bold in your relationship to God and all creatures. The Holy Spirit makes this happen through faith. Because of it, you freely, willingly and joyfully do good to everyone, serve everyone, suffer all kinds of things, love and praise the God who has shown you such grace. - Martin Luther


Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"I Am His Own"

This poem was written by CtK member, and 2010 graduate of Belgrade High School, Kimi Siemsen, for her Baccalaureate service. Enjoy!

I Am His Own
by Kimi Siemsen


I believe in the sun even if it isn’t shining,
I believe in love even when I am alone.
I believe in God even when He is silent,
but how long have I been in this storm?

I’m lost in my own translation, so
take my life, and make it yours, Lord.
Fill me with your love.
You are all I need;
tell me I am Your own.

My heart’s desire is to know You more, Lord,
to possess by faith what I cannot earn.
Help me reach the lost and alone, to tell of joy
and hope where both are gone.
I surrender all of me.
I will put my trust under the shadow of Your wings.

I want to fall in love with You, Lord,
You are my hiding place; You always
fill my heart with song, and
I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me.

As I reach this road at the end of the sunset,
the winding pathway begins to fork.
I reflect on this new battle,
unsure of which road to follow,
but I will not take my love from Him, nor will I ever betray
my faithfulness.
Wishing will never substitute for a prayer.

And though sometimes my prayers feel like
they’re bouncing off the sky,
the hand I hold won’t let me go
because I know I am His own.

No comments: