Faith is a living, bold trust in God's grace, so certain of God's favor that it would risk death a thousand times trusting in it. Such confidence and knowledge of God's grace makes you happy, joyful and bold in your relationship to God and all creatures. The Holy Spirit makes this happen through faith. Because of it, you freely, willingly and joyfully do good to everyone, serve everyone, suffer all kinds of things, love and praise the God who has shown you such grace. - Martin Luther


Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Ninth and Tenth Days of Christmas: Beginning Intentionally

A couple of years ago someone introduced me to The Abbey of the Arts. I'm still subscribed to an occasional email list, and so found this article with suggestions for observing the 12 Days of Christmas. I know, it's a little on the late side, but there's no reason one couldn't use these practices now - it's still the beginning of the year, and still winter (sort of!?!).
If you do engage these, please let me know - I'd love to hear about your experience. And should you decide to read widely and deeply about/from one of our ancestors in the faith, I'd especially like to pick your brain.

No comments: