Faith is a living, bold trust in God's grace, so certain of God's favor that it would risk death a thousand times trusting in it. Such confidence and knowledge of God's grace makes you happy, joyful and bold in your relationship to God and all creatures. The Holy Spirit makes this happen through faith. Because of it, you freely, willingly and joyfully do good to everyone, serve everyone, suffer all kinds of things, love and praise the God who has shown you such grace. - Martin Luther


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Deer Pants

This text is from an email we received in the CtK office today - a mom in the congregation shared this conversation with her son (names removed to protect the innocent...) I just have to share my son's question he asked me on the way home from worship last Sunday: We were in the car, almost home, and he asked, "What are deer pants?" I looked out the window, saw nothing (I'm not sure what I expected to see), and said, "WHAT?" "Deer pants. What are they?" "I have no idea. Where did you hear about them?" "In church today." "Ok. WHAT????" He grabbed the bulletin and read directly from the final communion hymn... "As the deer pants..." Isn't that great! He was picturing some sort of outerwear for deer! I wonder what other nuggets of humor and wisdom the children of the congregation could share with us?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clever story! Every time I visit the blog I find new and interesting information. The sermon notes and the additional links along the right side are becoming favorites.


Thanks for making the comments doable for me. I see I can even do a spell check before I publish my comments. Not a bad idea! Patsy O.