Faith is a living, bold trust in God's grace, so certain of God's favor that it would risk death a thousand times trusting in it. Such confidence and knowledge of God's grace makes you happy, joyful and bold in your relationship to God and all creatures. The Holy Spirit makes this happen through faith. Because of it, you freely, willingly and joyfully do good to everyone, serve everyone, suffer all kinds of things, love and praise the God who has shown you such grace. - Martin Luther


Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thank you


“For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.”
Matthew 25:35

Over the weekend I attended the Montana Synod Assembly in Great Falls, MT with Pastor Lindean, Jane Mangold, and John Sheppard from Christ the King.

Good news was shared with us and the other voting members and guests of the assembly that I want to pass on to you.

Christ the King ranked third in our regional church body (Montana Synod) for being generous in our gifts towards the Evangelical Lutheran Church Hunger Appeal for 2010. And we were less than $500 from being the number one ranked congregation.

What makes this news even more remarkable is that we gave the greatest amount of gifts for a congregation of our size.

You are making a difference here in the Gallatin Valley and across the globe.

In the name of our Lord Jesus I say, “thank you.”

No comments: