Faith is a living, bold trust in God's grace, so certain of God's favor that it would risk death a thousand times trusting in it. Such confidence and knowledge of God's grace makes you happy, joyful and bold in your relationship to God and all creatures. The Holy Spirit makes this happen through faith. Because of it, you freely, willingly and joyfully do good to everyone, serve everyone, suffer all kinds of things, love and praise the God who has shown you such grace. - Martin Luther


Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mission Trip Journal, Days 4 and 5

If you're just joining us, please go back and read the posts from Tuesday and Wednesday. Thanks!

July 21st, Day 4 - Third day of service on the Yakama Reservation
Q: Is there anything you didn't pack for the trip but wish you did? What is it and why do you wish you had it?
A: A ball, or frisbee, so I could contribute to the fun during free time. Sometimes we end up sitting around waiting for the next activity. Not that this event isn't fun, but some sections can be dull. - Jesse

Q: What was Bible study/devotions like this morning?
A: Devotions was really nice this morning since we got to go outside and lay on the lawn. I thought it was really peaceful and relaxing. - Julian

Q: How do you think God is using you to make a difference in the world this week?
A: It feels like he is using me to teach the kids about him. He's having Cory teach us how he worships him.

Q: What or who surprised you today? How?
A: The new friends that I meet. They become closer to us. But God brought them to me. I don't know the purpose that they have come to me. I think Memile and Katlin became our friends to show to me that I can be a friend and make people's days better. - Robert.

July 22nd, Day 5 - Fourth day of serving on the Yakama Reservation
Q: What are you missing about home?
A: I DON'T WANT TO GO HOME! No, but I've had an amazing time here. I've met so many amazing people and done some awesome things that really inspired me. However, I miss my friends and my own bed. I also miss long, hot showers! (Sadly, I miss my cell phone more than I should.) - Courtney

Q: What was the best part of your day today?
A: The best part of my day was having the time to spend with the new friends that I have met. Almost everything we did together. - Robert

Q: Which ministry site did you go to today? What did you do - what was the day like?
A: Kids' club. Today was "Funday," so today we played with water. The kids had a blast. It was particularly difficult to prevent the youth from playing with the water balloons, the kids needed to have fun first. - Jesse

Q: How have your feelings about Indian Reservations changed this week?
A: They haven't. - Jeannette

The end of the journey tomorrow...

No comments: