Faith is a living, bold trust in God's grace, so certain of God's favor that it would risk death a thousand times trusting in it. Such confidence and knowledge of God's grace makes you happy, joyful and bold in your relationship to God and all creatures. The Holy Spirit makes this happen through faith. Because of it, you freely, willingly and joyfully do good to everyone, serve everyone, suffer all kinds of things, love and praise the God who has shown you such grace. - Martin Luther


Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My best garage sale purchase, ever!


I have a bible on the book shelf here in my office at Christ the King.

It cost me 1 buck to purchase it back in 1992.

Best dollar I ever spent.

The binding is now broken, and the pages are marked with yellow highlighter from the previous owner.

But I like it because the garage sale bible still gets read on occasion.

It’s not leather bound, or minature. It’s pages don’t have gold around the edges, like the bible I use during worship.

It’s a simple bible, well read and well loved.

What treasures will you find at garage sales this summer?

No comments: